Candle jars are a great way to add a touch of style to your home. If you're looking for a way to save money and be more sustainable, consider upcycling your old candle jars.
Upcycling is the process of transforming old materials into new objects of higher value. It's a great way to reduce waste and give your old candle jars a new life.
Here are 6 ways to upcycle candle jars:
1. Use them as vases
This is a classic way to upcycle candle jars. Simply clean out the jar and add some fresh flowers or greenery. You can also use the jar to hold dried flowers or herbs.
2. Make a terrarium
A terrarium is a miniature garden that can be kept indoors. Candle jars make the perfect containers for terrariums, as they provide a closed environment that helps to retain moisture. You can fill your terrarium with small plants, rocks, and moss.
3. Turn them into candle holders
If you have a few candle jars of the same size, you can turn them into a set of candle holders. Simply clean out the jars and add some tea lights or votives. You can also decorate the jars with paint, markers, or stickers.
4. Use them as makeup organizers
Candle jars are the perfect size for storing makeup brushes, lipsticks, and other small beauty products. Simply clean out the jar and add dividers to create compartments for your items.
5. Make a pencil holder
This is a great way to organize your desk supplies. Clean out the jar and add some pencils, pens, and highlighters. You can also add a chalkboard label to the jar so you can easily identify what's inside.
6. Give them as gift
Upcycled candle jars make great gifts for friends and family. Some candle jars, Including Puretive Botanics’ scented candle jars are air-tight. Simply clean out the jar and fill it with something special, like chocolates, bath salts, or coffee beans. You can also decorate the jar with a ribbon or tag.
Upcycling candle jars is a great way to save money, be more sustainable, and add a touch of personality to your home. So next time you finish a candle, don't throw away the jar! Get creative and upcycle it into something new.
How to upcycle candle jars efficiently:
- First, clean out the jar. You can do this by melting the wax out of the jar or by using a vacuum cleaner to suck out the wax.
- Once the jar is clean, you can start to decorate it. You can use paint, markers, stickers, or anything else you can think of to make the jar look unique.
- If you want to use the jar for something specific, like a vase or a pencil holder, you can add dividers or other accessories to make it functional.
- Once you're finished decorating the jar, you're ready to use it!
Reasons why upcycling candle jars is good for the environment:
- It reduces waste. When you upcycle a candle jar, you're preventing it from going to the landfill.
- It saves energy. Upcycling uses less energy than manufacturing a new product.
- It's sustainable. Upcycling helps to reduce our reliance on natural resources.
So next time you finish a candle, don't throw away the jar! Upcycle it into something new and help to protect the environment.